2/28/12

Crispy Chicken Wraps


File this recipe under, "Weeknight Meals in Under 15 Minutes"

While you're at it, you should also file it under, "Ridiculously Easy"

And you might as well put it in the, "Good Uses For Leftover Chicken", "Insanely Delicious" and "Family Favorites" folders, too.

You don't have to do all that filing right now. I'm just trying to save you some time, since it's bound to happen eventually. This is one of those great recipes that comes together quickly, tastes delicious, and doesn't even dirty many dishes - i.e. this recipe is destined to be made regularly at our house. Cooked chicken pieces are mixed with a flavorful sour cream sauce, loaded onto a tortilla topped with cheese, and baked in a skillet until the tortilla is crispy on the outside and the cheese is melted and gooey on the inside. It's a mix of ingredients that I wouldn't have necessarily thought would go together, but they combine for great flavor and creaminess.

All in less than 15 minutes.

I wish all meals were this good and this easy.



Crispy Chicken Wraps

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise, light or regular
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 3 green onions, sliced very thin
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream, light or regular
  • 2 teaspoons hot sauce (this does not make them spicy but adds great flavor)
  • 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas

Directions

  1. Whisk the mayonnaise, cilantro, green onions, sour cream and hot sauce in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to combine. Sprinkle 1/6 of the cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll stuffed tortillas, leaving edges open. Spray the tortillas all over with cooking spray.
  2. Heat a large non-stick skillet (or griddle) over medium heat for 1 minute. Arrange 2 wraps, seam-side down, (important so they don't unwrap during cooking) in pan and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve.
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 5 min Serves: 4-6

Recipe Source: adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe, originally from Cook's Country



12 Click For Comments:

These look so delish!  My familiy would just love them.

These look so good!  I'm all about quick, easy meals that don't dirty a lot of dishes so I'm pretty sure I'll be adding these to next week's menu :)

oooh these look delicious! In between a burrito and a quesadilla :)

15 minute meals = a pregnant woman's dream (as you already know). I can't wait to make this for lunch soon! :) 

I make cheese quesadillas that are similar to this. I've actually never thought to put chicken in them before. Duh! This recipe will be great to add to my lunch rotation since I'm always looking for quick, easy stuff to make. I don't mind making an effort for dinner, but lunch has to be easy!

You can never have enough uses for chicken.  Can't wait to try this one.

These look sooo good! I am all about quick and easy meals during the work week! I can't wait to give these a try! :)

Once I started cooking wraps in a skillet, it changed my life. So good!

Love that this is really easy to make and looks so tasty! A must try!

If only I could reach through the screen and have these for dinner.

We just had these for dinner and we LOVED them. Even my super picky hubby! Cheap, easy, and I had all the ingredients on hand... My kind Of meal! Thanks so much for posting this!!!

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover